Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Okra with Curd / Dahiwali Bhindi

Working day dinners are most of the time quick fix. I mostly happen to get the vegetables that are easy to cook and done. But I myself sometimes get bored of having the same simple vegetable the same simple quick fix way. Hence when that "feeling" strikes, I push myself and try something new.


Last night it was Okra or Bhindi. That's not a very favorite vegetable in our kitchen I have to admit. But that's so easy to cook. Last night also happened to be night of the " boredom of same simple vegetable". Hence I thought of trying out Okra with curd / Dahiwali Bhindi. I had heard about that and never tried. A quick help of Shri Google Maharaj and I was inspired enough when I stepped into our kitchen. It's easy too :)


Okra with curd / Dahiwali Bhindi








Ingredients :


Ingredients
250 gm of Okra or Bhindi
One cup of Curd
One Onion - chopped
One Tomato - chopped
One green chilli - finely chopped
Half tea spoon of Turmeric
Half tea spoon of Coriander powder
Half tea spoon of Red chilli powder ( optional)
A pinch of Asafoetida or Hing
Oil to cook
Salt as per taste
Coriander leaves to garnish.






Wash and dry the Okras well. Cut them into medium pieces.
Heat oil in a kadahi. Add the hing and then add chopped onions and fry till translucent. Add the tomato and green chilli now. Fry for 2 minutes and then add the okra pieces. Mix well and cover the lid and let these cook for 5 minutes.


In the mean time, mix the turmeric , coriander powder, red chilli powder with the curd and stir well. After 5 minutes check the okra. These must be half cooked by now. Add the spicy curd mixture and very gently mix everything. Once tender okras may break, hence you need to be gentle. Add salt as per your taste. Again cover the lid and let these cook for another 5 - 6 minutes or till they are done.


Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.


Serve hot with Chapati or Dal - Chawal.













2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing it.. I love curd recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Anjali. Please do let me know how do you like it when you make this.

    ReplyDelete